Are you looking for self care quotes for moms that motivate you to take care of yourself while at the same time not make you feel guilty for doing so?
I remember having a hard time realizing that I needed self-care SO BAD, otherwise I would loose myself in motherhood.
But I also felt SO guilty for wanting this and carving time out of my busy schedule to prioritize my needs.
And I bet you feel the same – that’s why you’ve landed here looking for mom self care quotes.
I’ve got over 90 self care encouragement quotes for moms for you, so hop into the bath and enjoy the read.
My Top 3 Self-Care Quotes For Moms
Out of the 92 mom self-care quotes, these 3 self-care encouragement quotes are my absolute favorites:
- 1. Self-care is giving the world the best of you instead of what’s left of you
- 2. When you take care of yourself, you’re a better person for others. When you feel good about yourself, you treat others better
- 3. Taking care of myself doesn’t mean ‘me first.’ It means ‘me, too.
Why You Need Healthy Mom Quotes In Your Life
Whether you’re a stay-at-home mom or a working mom – as parents, we are constantly busy trying to keep our family happy and healthy. We are:
- Going to work
- Getting groceries
- Occupying our kids
- Changing diapers
- Organizing playdates
- Taking the little ones to activities
Oh, and what about our partner? Is it time to organize another date night soon?
The list goes on…
Pause for a moment and stop thinking about everything that needs to be done. Everyone who screams for you.
You are not some kind of superhero who has to work like crazy around the clock and make everyone else but yourself happy. That’s not what life is all about.
Disclaimer: Some of the links here are affiliate links and I may earn if you click on them, AT NO EXTRA cost to you. I hope you find the information here useful! Thanks for reading.
Self Care Encouragement For Moms
You need to make it a priority to look after yourself. You deserve to receive the same love and attention as everyone else around you. Be kind to yourself.
That’s why I have compiled these self care quotes for parents that will show you how important it is to take care of yourself.
They were eye-opening to me and I was so glad I stumbled across them.
I wish I read them earlier on when becoming a mom for the fist time . . . now they are constantly with me (in my journal) and I read my favorite ones as soon as I feel like I’m loosing myself in the business of life.
- Rediscovering Yourself After Motherhood in 8 Simple Steps
- Best Mom Morning Routine
- Motivational Waking Up Early Quotes
- Evening Routine for Working Moms
- How To Create a Self Love Routine in 6 Simple Steps
- 121 Simple Self-Care Saturday Activities
92 Inspirational Self Care Quotes For Moms
All of these self care quotes for moms are very inspirational and will make you realize that it’s totally ok (and necessary) to take time for yourself.
- “Talk to yourself like you would to someone you love.” – Brene Brown
2. “Self-care is giving the world the best of you instead of what’s left of you.” – Katie Reed
3. “Self-care is how you take your power back.” – Lalah Delia
4. “Self-compassion is simply giving the same kindness to ourselves that we would give to others.” — Christopher Germer
5. “When you recover or discover something that nourishes your soul and brings joy, care enough about yourself to make room for it in your life.” — Jean Shinoda Bolen
6. “People who love themselves come across as loving, generous, and kind; they express their self-confidence through humility, forgiveness, and inclusiveness.” — Sanaya Roman
7. “Love yourself first, and everything else falls in line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.” — Lucille Ball
8. “The love and attention you always wanted from someone else, is the love and attention you first need to give to yourself.” — Bryant McGill
9. “It’s not selfish to love yourself, take care of yourself, and to make happiness a priority. It’s necessary.” — Mandy Hale
10. “I have come to believe that caring for myself is not self-indulgent. Caring for myself is an act of survival.” — Audre Lorde
More Busy Mom Quotes
I hope you see how important self-care is and how these woman self-care quotes can help you.
11. “We only get to be in our bodies for a limited time, why not celebrate the journey instead of merely riding it out until it’s over?” – Jen Sincero
12. “Take care of yourself as if you’re the most awesome person you’ve ever met.” – Jen Sincero
13. “You are imperfect, you are wired for struggle, but you are worthy of love and belonging.” – Brene Brown
14. “There are days I drop words of comfort on myself like falling leaves and remember that it is enough to be taken care of by myself.” – Brian Andreas
15. “Nourishing yourself in a way that helps you blossom in the direction you want to go is attainable, and you are worth the effort.” – Deborah Day
16. “To love oneself is the beginning of a lifelong romance.” – Oscar Wilde
17. “Taking care of yourself is the most powerful way to begin to take care of others.”- Bryant McGill
Do what you enjoy!
More Emotional Self-Care Quotes For Moms
Feeling inspired already? I’ve got some more self care encouragement for moms for you:
18. “Self-care has become a new priority – the revelation that it’s perfectly permissible to listen to your body and do what it needs.” – Frances Ryan
19. “The most powerful relationship you will ever have is the relationship with yourself.” – Steve Maraboli
20. “You are beautiful and worthy of good things, and if you don’t believe that, nobody will.” Rachel Hollis
21. “You, and only you, are ultimately responsible for who you become and how happy you are.” Rachel Hollis
22. “Caring for your body, mind, and spirit is your greatest and grandest responsibility. It’s about listening to the needs of your soul and then honoring them.” — Kristi Ling
23. “There is only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that’s your own self.” ― Aldous Huxley
24. “Love yourself enough to set boundaries. Your time and energy are precious. You get to choose how you use it. You teach people how to treat you by deciding what you will and won’t accept.” — Anna Taylor
25. “Daring to set boundaries is about having the courage to love ourselves even when we risk disappointing others” – Brene Brown
26. “Be patient with yourself. Self-growth is tender; it’s holy ground. There’s no greater investment.” — Stephen Covey
27. “There is enough time for self-care. There is not enough time to make up for the life you’ll miss by not filling yourself up.” — Jennifer Williamson
Enjoying a cup of coffee in peace on my solo-day
Short Self-Care Quotes For Moms
Some more mother confidence quotes that finally made me take care of myself.
28. “I also learned what I and many other wives were doing wrong. We were neglecting ourselves. We were born women yet were taking care of our roles as mom, employee or wife before we took care of ourselves. But in order to adequately fulfill those roles, we have to put ourselves first.” ― Elona Washington
30. “Women in particular need to keep an eye on their physical and mental health, because if we’re scurrying to and from appointments and errands, we don’t have a lot of time to take care of ourselves. We need to do a better job of putting ourselves higher on our own ‘to do’ list.” — Michelle Obama
31. “If your compassion does not include yourself, it is incomplete.” – Jack Kornfield
32. “When you recover or discover something that nourishes your soul and brings you joy, care enough about yourself to make room for it in your life.” — Jean Shinoda Bolen
33. “Our soul is like a soft and gentle flower, it needs to be nurtured, cared for, tended to, with sufficient sunlight, fresh air and freedom to bloom into its most precious and beautiful form. This, my friend, is self-love.”- Miya Yamanouchi
34. “Doing something nice for myself is not selfish.” – Christine Morgan
35. “When we give ourselves compassion, we are opening our hearts in a way that can transform our lives.” – Kristin Neff
36. “For us to feel good emotionally, we have to look after ourselves.” – Sam Owen
37. “Be kinder to yourself. And then let your kindness flood the world.” – Pema Chodron
Mom Self Care Quotes
Have you already written down some of these healthy mom quotes? 🙂
38. “Being extremely honest with oneself is a good exercise.” – Sigmund Freud
39. “It’s okay to take time for yourself. We give so much of ourselves to others, and we need to be fueled both physically and mentally. If we are in balance, it helps us in all our interactions.” — Faith Hill
40. “Do something nice for yourself today. Find some quiet, sit in stillness, breathe. Put your problems on pause. You deserve a break.” ― Akiroq Brost
41. “My happiness matters. My joy is important. And my love is valuable. My worthiness is relevant. It’s not anyone else’s job to see that but mine.” ― Alex Elle
42. “When you say ‘yes’ to others make sure you are not saying ‘no’ to yourself.” — Paulo Coelho
43. “Almost everything will work again if you unplug it for a few minutes, including you.” — Anne Lamott
44. “Those who have not time for bodily exercise will sooner or later have to find time for illness.” — Edward Stanley
45. “By taking care of myself I have so much more to offer the world than I do when I am running on empty.” – Ali Washington
And breathe . . .
Inspirational Self-Care Quotes For Moms
Let these self care encouragement quotes for moms change the way you look after yourself.
46. “Guard the doors of your temple, do not let anyone pollute it with their mess.” – Patricio Telman Chincocolo
47. “Self-care is never a selfish act—it is simply good stewardship of the only gift I have, the gift I was put on earth to offer to others.” – Parker Palmer
48. “Rest and self-care are so important. When you take time to replenish your spirit, it allows you to serve others from the overflow. You cannot serve from an empty vessel.” — Eleanor Brown
49. “When you take care of yourself, you’re a better person for others. When you feel good about yourself, you treat others better.” — Solange Knowles
50. “Harmony begins within. If we are to influence the world around us, even in minor ways, the real work begins inside and emanates outwards.” ― Gudjon Bergmann
51. “In my own deepening understanding of myself, I find my capacity to serve others is deepened as well. The better I am at self-care the more genuinely nurturing of others I am able to be.” ― Mary Anne Radmacher
52. “If you do not respect your own wishes, no one else will. You will simply attract people who disrespect you as much as you do.”- Vironika Tugaleva
53. “Stepping out of the busyness, stopping our endless pursuit of getting somewhere else, is perhaps the most beautiful offering we can make to our spirit.” -Tara Brach
Mom Self Love Quotes
54. “Don’t sacrifice yourself too much, because if you sacrifice too much there’s nothing else you can give and nobody will care for you.” – Karl Lagerfeld
55. “Every morning, look in the mirror and affirm positive words into your life.”- Lailah Gifty Akita
56. “Self-care is the number one solution to helping somebody else. If you are being good to yourself and your body and your psyche, that serves other people better, because you will grow strong enough to lift someone else up.” — Mary Lambert
57. “The perfect man of old looked after himself first before looking to help others.”- Chuang Tzu
Woman Self-Care Quotes
My tip: read these self care quotes for parents, then dim the light, sit down, and meditate.
58. “To meditate means to go home to yourself. Then you know how to take care of the things that are happening inside you, and you know how to take care of the things that happen around you.” – Thich Nhat Han
59. As you grow older, you will discover that you have two hands, one for helping yourself, the other for helping others. — Maya Angelou
60. “When admiring other people’s gardens, don’t forget to tend to your own flowers.” ― Sanober Khan
61. “Taking care of myself doesn’t mean ‘me first.’ It means ‘me, too.” – L.R. Knost
62. “Practice self-rescue first before you ‘help’ someone else” – Maureen Joyce Connolly
63. “When the body forces you to STOP it’s saying, hey buddy, you’ve gone too far.” – Jacqueline Escolme
64. “It is so important to take time for yourself and find clarity. The most important relationship is the one you have with yourself.” – Diane Von Furstenberg
65. “Health is the first muse, and sleep is the condition to produce it.” -Emerson
66. “The groundwork for all happiness is good health.” – Leigh Hunt
Mom Pampering Quotes
If you can, take a few hours, a day, or even a weekend to yourself, and make sure you’ve got your positive self-care quotes with you.
67. “Maybe if we love ourselves healthy, we will all heal?”- Nikki Rowe
68. “No more martyring myself.”- Sharon E. Rainey
69. “Take care of your body. It’s the only place you have to live.” — Jim Rohn
70. “Rest when you’re weary. Refresh and renew yourself, your body, your mind, your spirit. Then get back to work.” – Ralph Marston
71. “Do something every day that is loving towards your body and gives you the opportunity to enjoy the sensations of your body.” – Golda Poretsky
72. “You aren’t doing “nothing” when you choose to put your well-being first. In fact, this is the key to having everything.”- Brittany Burgunder
73. “You can’t take care of anyone else unless you first take care of yourself.”- Michael Hyatt
74. “When we self-regulate well, we are better able to control the trajectory of our emotional lives and resulting actions based on our values and sense of purpose.” – Amy Leigh Mercree
75. “We need to replace your vicious stress cycle with a vicious cycle of self-care.”– Dr. Sara Gottfried
More Self-Care Quotes For Parents
I claim that parents are one of the busiest people. Make sure you take time to look after yourself. I hope these self-care quotes are an encouragement for you to do that.
76. “Self-discipline is self-caring.” – M. Scott Peck
77. “Carve out and claim the time to care for yourself and kindle your own fire.” – Amy Ippoliti
78. “You have been criticizing yourself for years, and it hasn’t worked. Try approving of yourself and see what happens.” – Louise L. Hay
79. “You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.” – Buddha
80. “Sometimes the most important thing in a whole day is the rest we take between two deep breaths.” – Etty Hillesum
81. “Doing nothing has become one of the lost luxuries in these hectic times. But doing nothing, even for five minutes, can be rejuvenating. Go for it: You – unplugged.” – Joan Marques
82. “The only person who can pull me down is myself, and I’m not going to let myself pull me down anymore.” – C. Joybell C.
83. “Sorrow can be alleviated by good sleep, a bath, and a glass of wine,” – Saint Thomas Aquinas
Stressed Out Mom Quotes
Feeling stressed and overwhelmed? After reading these self care quotes for moms you will be able to identify when it’s time to take care of yourself before it’s too late.
84. “It is not the load that breaks you down. It’s the way you carry it.” — Lena Horne
85. “If you get tired, learn to rest, not to quit.” – Banksy
86. “With every act of self-care your authentic self gets stronger, and the critical, fearful mind gets weaker.Every act of self-care is a powerful declaration: I am on my side, I am on my side, each day I am more and more on my own side.”– Susan Weiss Berry
87. “Self-care is taking all the pressures you are facing right now, and deciding to which you will respond, and how.” – Imani Shola
88. “Learning to love yourself is like learning to walk–essential, life-changing, and the only way to stand tall.” ― Vironika Tugaleva
89. “Be you, love you. All ways, always.” – Alexandra Elle
90. “Take the time today to love yourself. You deserve it.” – Avina Celeste
91. “Though we all make mistakes, don’t handicap yourself in difficult tasks; self-sabotage is not a strategy. Sometimes all you need to do is protect yourself from your own self.” – Efrat Cybulkiewicz
92. “I believe that the greatest gift you can give your family and the world is a healthy you.” – Joyce Meyer
What Is Self Care For Moms?
Do you want to make time for yourself but feel guilty only thinking about it?
You’re not alone. According to author Julie Burton, almost every mom feels guilty when taking time to herself.
But you shouldn’t.
Self care is not selfish, it’s a necessity to keep us and our family going.
- Spiritual and
way. Check out the 8 areas of self-care here.
It’s about being intentional and taking your health and well-being seriously.
Self-Care Ideas For Moms
Self-care looks different to everyone but here are a few self-care ideas you can do as a mom:
- Pick up a sport you like (maybe join a team?)
- Meet up with friends
- Go to the theatre
- Study a subject you’re interested in
- Do a jigsaw puzzle (get yourself this handy portable puzzle board as well)
- Have a coffee in peace
Whether you only have 5 minutes, a few hours, or a whole day to yourself, here are some more self-care ideas for moms:
- 5-minute self-care ideas for when you have no time
- 100 self-care ideas for every situation
- 35 self-care night ideas for a relaxing evening
- 85 autumn self-care tips: how to avoid the winter blues
- Ideal mom night routine for taking showers
- 30-day self-care challenge
Why Do Moms Need Self Care?
If you want to be the best version of yourself to your children and your partner, you need to take care of yourself.
Taking time to look after yourself will make you better at looking after others too.
You will be happier and more fulfilled and you’ll enjoy spending time with your family and they’ll enjoy being around you.
Mom Self Love Quotes
Related: How to write yourself a love letter
Check out these 27 self-love exercises (including a free printable).
Conclusion: Inspirational Self Care Quotes for Moms
I hope you found these self care quotes for moms as inspirational and motivating as I did.
No more feeling guilty about taking care of yourself!
You’ll be no help to your family if you’re at breaking point because you have neglected yourself for too long.
And remember: you are your own person, you need to set expectations and boundaries that are right for yourself and the life you want.
Inspirational Self Care Quotes for Moms
FAQs On Self-Care Quotes For Moms
What Is Emotional Self-Care
Are you wondering – what is emotional self-care? This form of self-care is all about becoming aware of your feelings and acknowledging them. But it doesn’t stop here. You need to find out how you can deal with your emotions better and what you have to do to benefit your overall well-being and happiness.
What Is The Best Quote For Mother?
So, what is the best quote for a mother? In my opinion, the best quote that has been eye-opening for me is: “Give the world the best of you instead of what’s left of you.” If you constantly run on low energy, people won’t enjoy being around you. You need to take care of yourself and make yourself happy.
Is Crying A Form Of Self-Care?
Are you wondering – is crying a form of self-care? Crying has a soothing effect and is a form of dealing with your feelings and emotions. It is therefore classed as emotional self-care. Your body is telling you that something’s up and it’s time to acknowledge what is going on inside of you.
About The Author
Saskia is a mom, blogger, and freelance writer. She loves sharing tips on self-care, personal growth, and productivity & organization. Find out more about her or get in touch with her here.