Have you been meaning to get up early but can’t find the motivation to do so? Do you need some inspirational waking up early quotes to get you started?
Every morning you press the snooze button on your alarm clock, fall back into a restless sleep, and are even more tired by the time you finally get yourself to roll out of bed. Is it really that hard to get up early?
To get up early you need to have the right mindset. And to get into the right mindset you need to be motivated and determined to change something in your life.
Is Waking Up Early Good for You?
Studies have shown that getting up just an hour earlier every day reduces the risk of depression. Basically, morning people are happier. Why is that?
But planning on doing your favorite thing in the morning, may it be reading a book, meditating, or doing exercise makes you feel like it’s worth getting up early.
Why Getting Up Early Is Important for Your Well-Being
Wouldn’t it be great to not wake up grumpy anymore? If you’re a mom, you know what it’s like to be woken up by your kids throwing their demands straight at you without a care in the world.
You can avoid these hectic situations and feel your true self again by waking up early and starting the day refreshed and organized.
Let’s have a read through these 27 waking up early quotes to get you motivated:
27 Motivating Waking Up Early Quotes
1. MORNING IS AN IMPORTANT TIME OF DAY BECAUSE HOW YOU SPEND YOUR MORNING CAN OFTEN TELL YOU WHAT KIND OF DAY YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE. ― LEMONY SNICKET
If I got up at the time my daughter woke up, I’d be constantly playing catch up throughout the day. If you start your day stressed and unorganized, the rest of your day will most likely continue to be the same.
2. SUCCESS COMES TO THOSE WHO HAVE THE WILLPOWER TO WIN OVER THEIR SNOOZE BUTTONS. ― UNKNOWN
If you turn off your alarm and get up straight away, you’re a go-getter and don’t think that procrastinating will get you anywhere. You need to get up either way, so why not now and get some stuff done while you can?
3. LOSE AN HOUR IN THE MORNING, AND YOU WILL BE ALL DAY HUNTING FOR IT.― RICHARD WHATELY
This waking up early quote is so true.
If you don’t start the day early, you feel like you’re rushing from one task to the next one as you’re running out of time.
4. HOW WE START OUR DAY DETERMINES HOW WE CREATE OUR LIFE. ARE YOU SNOOZING THROUGH YOUR MORNING…SNOOZING THROUGH YOUR LIFE…AND SNOOZING THROUGH YOUR UNLIMITED POTENTIAL? ― HAL ELROD
Do you want to keep snoozing and not get anywhere in your life, or do you want to be a proactive person and have success?
Research has found that people who wake up early are more successful in life.
5. LIFE IS GETTING UP AN HOUR EARLIER TO LIVE AN HOUR MORE. ― UNKNOWN
There are never enough hours in the day to get stuff done. By getting up an hour early every day you have one more hour to live life and do the things you love.
6. THERE IS NO BETTER DAY THAN TODAY FOR US TO GIVE UP WHO WE’VE BEEN FOR WHO WE CAN BECOME, AND UPGRADE THE LIFE WE’VE BEEN LIVING FOR THE ONE WE REALLY WANT. ― HAL ELROD
Why not change your habits today? Why wait another day?
You don’t need to change your whole morning routine today but if you do a little change today, it’ll be easier tomorrow to do another small change.
7. WAKE UP EARLY AND TACKLE THE DAY BEFORE IT TACKLES YOU. BE AN OFFENCE, NOT A DEFENCE. ― EVAN CARMICHAEL
Another waking up early quote that is speaking to me!
Get up early and be prepared for the day that is lying ahead of you. There will always be problems, but by getting up early you will be less overwhelmed when having to face them.
8. IF YOU WANT TO BE THE BEST, YOU CAN’T TAKE THE PATH OF LEAST RESISTANCE. EVERY MORNING, YOU WAKE UP, AND YOUR MIND TELLS YOU IT’S TOO EARLY, AND YOUR BODY TELLS YOU YOU’RE A LITTLE TOO SORE, BUT YOU’VE GOT TO LOOK DEEP WITHIN YOURSELF AND KNOW WHAT YOU WANT AND WHAT YOU’RE STRIVING FOR. ― ANTONIO BROWN
It’s much easier to get up early if you know what you’re getting up for. This might be working on your business or taking time to yourself to meditate.
9. YOU MUST DECIDE WHERE YOU ARE GOING IN THE EVENING IF YOU INTEND TO LEAVE EARLY IN THE MORNING. ― MALIAN PROVERB
Another great waking up early quote.
If you don’t plan your morning routine and only decide in the morning what you want to do, you’re losing out on precious time and are less likely to get up early at all.
10. YOU’VE GOT TO GET UP EVERY MORNING WITH DETERMINATION IF YOU’RE GOING TO GO TO BED WITH SATISFACTION. ― GEORGE LORIMER
If you want to go to bed at night being satisfied, you need to have done something you’re proud of. How much better do we feel when we got up early and had a productive day?
11. SOME PEOPLE DREAM OF SUCCESS, WHILE OTHER PEOPLE GET UP EVERY MORNING AND MAKE IT HAPPEN. ― WAYNE HUIZENGA
We constantly hear people complaining about their lives and how they don’t have (enough) time to change certain things.
Instead of complaining and dreaming of a better life, just get up and do it!
12. IF YOU WANT TO MAKE YOUR DREAMS COME TRUE, THE FIRST THING YOU HAVE TO DO IS WAKE UP. ― J.M. POWER
Nothing is going to change if you stay in bed.
Once you got up, you have mastered your first task. It’ll then be easier to master another task, and another one, and another one.
13. EVERY TIME YOU CHOOSE TO DO THE EASY THING, INSTEAD OF THE RIGHT THING, YOU ARE SHAPING YOUR IDENTITY, BECOMING THE TYPE OF PERSON WHO DOES WHAT’S EASY, RATHER THAN WHAT’S RIGHT. ― HAL ELROD
Pressing the snooze button on your alarm and staying in your warm bed is easy. But getting yourself to leave the cozy sheets is hard and requires a strong mindset.
Try to become someone who does the right thing instead of walking the easy path.
14. GO TO BED EARLY AND WAKE UP EARLY. THE MORNING HOURS ARE GOOD. – JEFF BEZOS
Take away this waking up early quote from one of the most successful people these days.
15. THE FIRST STEP TO WIN YOURSELF IS TO WAKE UP EARLY. – SUKANT RATNAKAR
Waking up early is an accomplishment and the first win of the day for us.
16. IT’S EASIER TO WAKE UP EARLY AND WORK OUT THAN IT IS TO LOOK IN THE MIRROR EACH DAY AND NOT LIKE WHAT YOU SEE. – JAYNE COX
Similar motivational waking up early quote as above: if you want to change something, do it. Don’t wait, don’t procrastinate, don’t complain.
17. SUCCESSFUL PEOPLE WAKE UP EARLY, TALK LESS, STAY LASER-FOCUSED, DON’T WASTE TIME, LIVE HEALTHY, AND IGNORE NONSENSE. – UNKNOWN
Successful people know how precious time is and they try to get the most out of it.
Studies have shown that getting up early can improve your concentration and your critical thinking skills.
18. WAKE UP EARLY. BE AMBITIOUS. GET STUFF DONE. – UNKNOWN
Simple, but effective waking up early quote that cuts to the chase.
19. EARLY SLEEP AND EARLY WAKE UP GIVES HEALTH AND MAKES YOU GROW. – PORTUGUESE PROVERB
20. SHOUT OUT TO ALL THE PEOPLE WHO WAKE UP EARLY AND SHINE BEFORE THE SUN DOES. – UNKNOWN
It takes a person with determination to wake up early. Everybody can stay in bed.
21. IT IS WELL TO BE UP BEFORE DAYBREAK, FOR SUCH HABITS CONTRIBUTE TO HEALTH, WEALTH, AND WISDOM. – ARISTOTLE
Waking up early is the first step towards a daily habit of becoming productive, healthy, and successful.
22. BY GETTING UP EARLY IN THE MORNING ONE ALSO GETS MORE TIME AT HIS DISPOSAL FOR WORK AS COMPARED TO LATE-RISERS. – RIG VEDA
You tend to be more productive in the morning. As the day goes on and it gets darker, you lose that motivation.
23. “LIFE IS TOO SHORT”, SHE PANICKED. “I WANT MORE.” HE NODDED SLOWLY. “WAKE UP EARLIER.” – DR. SUN WOLF
Time passes quickly and we can’t get it back. Life is short, so make the most out of it.
24. THE EARLY BIRD GETS THE WORM. – UNKNOWN
This phrase has followed me through my entire childhood into my adult years. I would constantly hear it from my parents or grandparents, and it has incorporated into my mindset.
The person who gets up early gets to change things and improve their life.
25. IF YOU DO NOT RISE EARLY, YOU CAN MAKE PROGRESS IN NOTHING. – WILLIAM PITT CHATHAM
If you don’t have the will power to make it out of bed early, how will you be able to progress any further in life?
26. ONE KEY TO SUCCESS IS TO HAVE LUNCH AT THE TIME OF THE DAY MOST PEOPLE HAVE BREAKFAST. – ROBERT BRAULT
How good would it feel if you already had half of the work done before other people get up and have their breakfast? Be ahead of everyone and success will come.
27. THE TIME JUST BEFORE DAWN CONTAINS THE MOST ENERGY OF ALL HOURS OF THE DAY. THIS HAS HELPED ME BECOME AN EARLY RISER AND AN EARLY DOER. – TERRI GUILLEMETS
The last waking up early quote demonstrates again that you have the most energy early in the morning. Don’t leave big tasks until the end of the day – you’ll probably be too tired to master them.
Waking Up Early Quotes: Final Thoughts
I hope a few of these 27 waking up early quotes will give you the motivation to get up early and change your morning routine.
As mentioned above, take little steps. Start by setting your alarm 15 minutes earlier than usual and see, what you can get done in that time and how it changes your day. After getting used to that, you can slowly increase the time and get up a little bit earlier each day. You won’t regret it!
Enjoyed reading this post?
Let me know in the comments or share it to your social media channels!
Waking Up Early Quotes
About The Author